Saturday 25 May 2013

What's for dinner?

We had a load of veg in which needed using. Living with an Italian, a minestrone was an obvious (and healthy) choice. We had half a head of sweetheart cabbage, a handful of new potatoes, some bedraggled french beans and plenty of shallots and mushrooms. We've pretty much always got carrots and celery in the fridge and peas and baby broad beans in the freezer. Add to that little lot, a packet of pancetta, a few bay leaves, a squeeze of tomato puree, a splash of white wine and a load of water, boil it for an hour or so and Bob's your uncle.

So, what goes with soup? Why, bread of course! I cheat a little when I make bread. I've a bread maker so I tend to let it make the dough for me. Today I made sesame and caraway rolls and pesto, sundried tomato and olive tear-and-share.

Grub's up!


No comments:

Post a Comment